2.3.08

Wandering Eyes

Something from my newest project: 21 BITS
Wandering Eyes

Ive got a worn out face like the souls of old shoes
It got stuck on my head sometime ago, somewhere
Between the drinking problems I've since recovered from
And the failed relationships I could never recover
But this face
Is still in the mirror - with its suitcases under its eyes
Always packed, ready to move on
Cos I look through all you're hearts for a place to stay
But never find it. so I just keep moving
On and on.
And sometimes it rains.
It rains so hard I cant see.

At the end of the day
I find my self emotionally homeless
Everyday. because all the people here
Have emptier hearts then Ive got empty promises
Saved away - waiting to be fulfilled in a desk drawer
I O U's for little pieces of me I gave away
So all that remains is this worn out face
Like a stretch of old home movie footage
No one wants to see anymore.
© Matt Elliott 2008. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: